Wednesday, July 25, 2007

No Name Yet, BUT we did apply for Peter's Passport :)

Okay, so we are still deciding on a name. Our lawyer wrote us back and told us that the grandmother's name is in the documents he emailed us, but we have no idea what is a person's name or a town's name - because it's all written in Spanish. So Margaret emailed the Lawyer back to find out the correct answer. Don't worry, she'll have a name before the weekend.......

So today, we applied for Peter's passport, and that was an adventure all by itself. Since Peter is a minor both parents have to be present with him. Kerry called earlier today to tell me he would be getting off of work at 3 and would be able to go with us to apply for the passport. So I then called the 1-800 post office number to see what Post Office in the area does Passports after 3pm. Believe it or not, out of 45 Post Offices in our area, only ONE did passport until 4pm. So at 3pm I called Kerry to see where he was and he was still at work and told me he would call me back. So I packed up the "kitchen sink" (all the paperwork we might be needing to get this passport), and Peter and I drove to Massapequa. On the way, Kerry callled me about 3:20, I asked him if he was on his way - he said no he was still at work. So I told him that he had less than 1/2 hour to get to Massapequa. Peter and I went into the Post Office, it was about 3:40 and I explained to the woman that my husband was on his way. She then informed me that the Passport office closes at 4pm no exceptions - and there was no sense for her to start the paperwork since he wasn't present. So then I asked if they took Pictures ( I already knew the answer - I was just trying to take up time), so we took pictures of Peter. The woman almost didn't take the pics, because she expected a 22 month old to stand still against the wall for her to take the pic.......yeah right! So then I suggested maybe having him sit on the chair and that worked out better. Kerry called about ten minutes before 4 telling me that he just past the mall. When I hung up the phone the woman asked if my husband was here as she looked at the clock and it said 3:55pm. I told her that he was just a block away...........so at 3:59 guess who walks into the Post Office.................as Peter would say............DAD!!! walked in. So after handing over the "kitchen sink" and the fee.......it was all done. Since we paid for expedited service, hopefully Peter will have his passport in 2-3 weeks, and then we can make plans to go and visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Margaret--I love your blog. Can't wait to follow your journey to lil sis!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Pictures from our Visit Trip to see Anna Maria 01/02 - 01/08/08