Saturday, January 17, 2009

Finally got the results............

Okay, so last night wasn't much better than the other nights. Anna definitely had a temp during the night, but mommy couldn't give her anything, because she was just given something for her temp 2 hours ago, so Anna was sweating the temp out. She was so uncomfortable, it just broke mommy's heart - because there was nothing else mommy could do, to make it go away. I even offered Anna another baba (bottle), but she didn't want that - and Anna never says no to baba or food. She woke up Peter, so Peter went to sleep with daddy. So mommy and Anna slept in Peter's bed - not to disturb daddy and peter sleeping. While Anna was sleeping she kept on tossing and turning, but she was so cute - the couple of times she did wake up - she looked at mommy and smiled and then put her head on mommy's shoulder and fell right back to sleep.

This morning mommy woke up, waiting for the Dr. to call to confirm the UTI or not. At 11am no phone call, so Mommy called the Dr. The Dr's office said that the results were "still pending" I was like what - they had the urine sample since Wed. So, mommy being mommy and determined to get answers, decided to call Quest herself. The lady who answered the phone was very nice, but told me what our Dr. told us. I asked the woman how much longer would the test take, she was not able to tell me. I explained to her that the results were for my 18 month old daughter who has been miserable for days. I told the woman, if it was for me - I would just suck it up and deal with it and wait until Monday for the results. The woman understood my concern but was not able to tell me when the results would be available. Well, about 10 minutes after mommy hung up from Quest, Anna's Dr. called to let us know that Anna definitely has UTI. She asked how was doing, I told her that Anna was still running a temp and was miserable and really hasn't had a good night sleep. The Dr. was concerned about the temp still being here, so she said if Anna has a temp tomorrow (Sunday) then she wanted Anna to go in and get a sonogram done to check her kidneys - just to be on the safe side. sigh - so that is where we are at now with Anna.

After getting off the phone with the Dr. Mommy googled UTI and infants and found out a lot of info. One thing mommy does know - is that Anna will not be put on Amoxicillin in the future, because that can cause UTI, and the last time Anna had UTI - she was also on Amoxicillin. I mentioned this to the Dr. and she agreed and said that she would make a note in Anna's folder about it.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers - even though I didn't ask yas. :) It's greatly appreciated. Anna's is a trooper - so this too will be soon behind her.

I'll keep you posted on what Monday brings.

Margaret/Mommmmm (as Anna would say)/Maaa Maaa (as Peter would say)

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Pictures from our Visit Trip to see Anna Maria 01/02 - 01/08/08