Friday, August 10, 2007

No Passport Yet!!!!

Okay, so Margaret called the Passport 1 800# this morning, and spoke to a woman just to find out that it is near the completion process. I explained to the woman that I was told that two days ago. And again, Margaret explained our travel plans to her, but she pretty much said there was nothing she can do. She then said that if Peter's passport doesn't get here in time, we would be able to use his citizen papers, or maybe even his birth certificate to travel - once she said this I knew I was talking to someone who should not be working there. Margaret had to explain to her that Peter's citizenship papers along with his birth certificate and the original adoption paperwork was in the Washington Office so his passport can be processed. So then she came up with a different "brilliant idea - NOT" - to go to Washington D.C. to pick up our passport in person. I (margaret) was like what? are you kidding me? She said well, come Sunday, you might not have any other choice. I asked her if she thought Washington D.C. was just around the corner, because it wasn't, and if the passport would be ready for me to pick it up then they can just put it in the pre paid express envelope we paid for and mail it to me instead of me driving all the way to Washington D.C. Then the woman didn't know what to say, except that - "well ya, I guess you have a point". So then she said to call back and check in two days. I informed her that I planned on calling back tomorrow the latest.

So, thinking positive Margaret started to pack Anna Maria's clothes, and sure enough they fit in the suitcase with room to spare.............LOL.

Later this afternoon, Margaret called the 1800# passport number AGAIN, and spoke to this really nice man - who understood the importance for us to get our son's passport as soon as possible. So he said he would send an email to the agency explaining how important it is to just get it done and mail it out. I asked him if he was going to actually send it to the agency today, and he said yes and he was doing it right there and then as we talked. He suggested to call back tomorrow about 4pm, because the express mail in the Washington office gets picked up at 3:15pm to be mailed out, so hopefully by 4pm they'll know if Peter's passport will be in that devlivery. So, once again - you'll have to stay tuned for the next soap opera show.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Pictures from our Visit Trip to see Anna Maria 01/02 - 01/08/08