Monday, August 13, 2007

SIGH! Peter's Passport, is being FED EX to us ..........FINALLY!

WOW, I can't even begin to tell you how today was. I have been on the phone with the passport people for soo soo many hours. While out running errands and getting last minute stuff to bring to Guatemala for Anna Maria - I called the passport people to see if our son's passport was completed and what can be done. Every time I called, THE COMPUTERS WERE DONE! Then finally while I was having lunch with my mom, I tried again and the computers were up and running, but no new information. I was "done"...."well done", I apologized for taking it out on so many reps at the passport center, but how can one person (me) be told soo many different things when I call up for the same reason.........."is my son's passport done?". The woman who I spoke with, understood how I felt and said that she would fax a message to the Washington Office so they knew our plans of travel and how important it was that we got our son's passport. Then when I called later on in the day, I was told that the computers were down again, and I asked the person if they knew if a fax was sent to the Washington office regarding my case, and she said that was impossible for anyone to fax the Washington office, so it couldn't of been done - and since the computers were down, there was nothing else she could help me with. I knew the mail went out at 3:15pm from the Washington D.C. office, so I called again after that time to see just maybe it went out in the mail.......sure enough the "computers were down again", so no one could help me. Margaret's husband kerry came home from work, to find Margaret on the phone again with the Passport people. We discussed alternatives to get Peter's passport, and decided to drive to a regional office to get Peter's passport in person. So again, Margaret called the passport people and had to do it automatively - to find out that there were no available appointments anytime soon - none in NYC, none in Philedelphia, none in Connecticut, and none in Washing D.C. - ZIPPO! So Margaret called the passport people again and talked to them about getting an appt. before Thurs so we can get our son's passport - nobody could help us, then Margaret finally handed the phone to her husband Kerry. Oh yea, the Computers are still Down! The only thing left to do was to call the automative system tomorrow morning, between 6:30-7:30am to see if any appointments became available due to cancellations, and to wait until 3:15pm Tues. to see if the passport was sent out in the mail. If there were no appointments available or if it wasn't in the express mail tomorrow at 3:!5pm, we will have to reschedule our trip - this is the conclusion we came to after being on the phone for so many hours with the passport people - and being told that the passport is still "being processed".

Well, for those of you who know Margaret - she is big in thinking positive! Tonite, Margaret called the passport people and was told the computers were down - what else is new. Then finally about 11:55pm (just before midnite) Margaret decided to give it one more try.........and yes, call the passport people one las time - just maybe they will have good news for me when I call again. So after being on hold for a few minutes a wonderful woman by the name of Elisia asked me information (you know the same ole name, DOB, etc.) and double checked it over before telling me that IT IS COMPLETED! AND WILL BE FED EX TOMORROW. She was even nice to give me the tracking number, so tomorrow I can check its travel plans...............SO PETER'S PASSPORT WILL BE IN OUR HANDS ON WEDNESDAY!

Look out Guatemala, here we COME!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! What a pain, but glad you guys can proceed with your trip as planned. Have a wonderful visit loving on Anna Maria!!!

Margaret mom to Peter, and waiting for his sister said...

Thanks Sandy!
have a great weekend,

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Pictures from our Visit Trip to see Anna Maria 01/02 - 01/08/08