Friday, August 3, 2007

Peter's Passport.........uuugghhh!

So, let me (Margaret) get you guys all up to speed here. Friday August 3rd, I received an email from the "Passport Processing Service", once I saw the subject I was so excited to think - that Peter's passport was being expressed mailed out to us that day. Well, once I opened the email, it was the complete opposite and even worse, it stated since we paid for "routine service" we will be receiving the passport in 10-12 weeks. I was like WHAT!!!! I called the 1 800# and spoke to a woman there, who was no help and even hung up on me. So me being Margaret, I called back again and spoke to someone else. I explained what the email said, and she assured me that on her computer they have it being down as Expedited service with a pre paid express envelope to be expressed mail to us. I also told her that I have been checking on line to keep updated with my son's passport, and when I called the other day the woman said to call back in two days and if nothing was completed that an email would be sent to the passport agency explaining our travel plans, so the passport is sent to us in time. So, I asked the representative that I was on the phone with if she can send an email to the passport agency, and she said NO!, she said she couldn't do that, because if she did that to everyone that called - the passport agency wouldn't be able to get any work done. So I explained to her how we are leaving in less then two weeks.........(WOW, WE ARE LEAVING SOON FOR A VISIT TRIP), and it didn't matter to the woman, she said if worse came to worse - I can just go into NYC and pick up my son's passport there. I told the woman that a trip to NYC with a toddler was not an option - it was a nightmare (it really wasn't, but she doesn't need to know that). I also told her, that I didn't pay all this extra money to have to take the train, then the subway, and then a taxi to get something that I paid for expedited service for. She then said that she would make note of our travel plans so the other representative would be aware of it. I asked her what that was going to do with us getting our son's passport, she then said to call back in two days, and just continue to check on it. Because as of now, she could not help us anymore. So it was Friday, so on Sunday another call will be made.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Pictures from our Visit Trip to see Anna Maria 01/02 - 01/08/08