Thursday, January 17, 2008

Having Faith....

Or as Margaret would say - "Think Positive". Well, this week has been a very busy week of bad news. My new friends - who I just spent a week with in Guatemala visiting our children - were told some bad news over the past few days. My friend Martina who was in the same boat as we - was just told that she was kicked out of PGN for the 3rd time, Barbara from Rochester - was told last Friday Congratulations, you are out of PGN by the receptionist that answers the phones in PGN, only to find out later that day that it was a kick out not an approval by our lawyer. Pam, just found out today that she too got kicked out of PGN. Laurie who wasn't able to travel with us, was kicked out just before the New Year. So, that leaves little ole me still in PGN. Of course I (Margaret) went into panic mode, and was going to call PGN to find out for sure that I was still in PGN - but it was too late for that. So I panicked even more and called my friend Soni (my pal who translates all my calls to Guatemala), and got her voice mail, so I left a message of my game plan. Then I called my friend Pam O. to let her know what was going on, and how I was still thinking positive, but it was hard to do at this moment. Then Soni called me back, and she said Margaret "do you have faith". I was like, what, of course I do, I told her that I pray more than ever. She said well, let faith take care of it. I told my friend Soni that its pretty hard to have faith when the odds are against me and faith can not control the corruption that takes place in PGN. We talked about my game plan, and after talking to my friend Soni, we decided to just wait and see what happens, who knows - tomorrow Edwin will be calling me to let us know that we are approved and out of PGN. That would be sooo sooo great! So, I told my friend Soni, that I'll wait until tomorrow when I call PGN to see what I am told. But, I do have to keep in mind that PGN does give mis-information as you read above, but I'll take that chance - and then just confirm it with our lawyer.

So, now more than ever I am asking my friends, family members, my bloggers/readers to help me with faith and pray that we get approved from PGN, so our Anna can come home. I also request that we pray for my friends, who I just met and who just got kicked out of PGN, that they can get back into PGN real soon. I know right now our Lawyer has to be having a hard time with all this bad news, I hope and pray that he and his family can find the faith and fight to get our children home where they belong.

For those of you who don't know, the Hague Treaty is slowly falling into place in Guatemala (read guatadopt.com for details) and the Central Authority employee's were just sworn in by the new President of Guatemala (he fired the previous hired employees to the CA). My friends who were just kicked out, can not go back into PGN until their folders are registered with the Central Authority and nobody has any idea when they will be open for business, so nobody has any idea when these cases will be able to be resubmitted back into PGN. We can only hope and pray that it is done quickly. Even though we are in the "grandfather clause" we do have to register with the Central Authority if we get kicked out of PGN. Lets just hope and pray, that at least one of us/Anna remains in PGN until she gets an approval to get out.

I read this on another blog, and just had to copy it and place it here................

"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands." ~Kristi Larson


Thanks soo much for all your support and prayers!
I can not begin to express how much we appreciate it.

4 comments:

Gail said...

I pray that everyday for myself and I will pray for you too. I am not calling PGN but have put it all in God's hands. It really can bring peace.
Gail

Janet said...

Hoping that you get good news soon. PGN is just such a tough phase... Hang in there!

Emily said...

Hi Margaret:

Definitely keep the faith! I am praying and hoping for you...

Emily

martina said...

Thanks Margaret for keeping us and Joseline in your prayers. We definitely need lots of prayers, faith and hope right now. After now 3 kickouts, we have put Joseline's adoption in God's hands. I know she will come home, it just will be a while longer. Thanks again for asking your friends to pray for my family.
Martina

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Pictures from our Visit Trip to see Anna Maria 01/02 - 01/08/08