Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Well, I'll bee.................guess what arrived!

hi all,
Well the luggage finally arrived. And of course one suitcase (the new one, that we just got) has a rip in the front pocket, one wheel isn't working, and the buckle is broken off - that you hook your carry on luggage to. It arrived at 2pm. The gentleman arrived in a mini van, so how does the luggage in a mini van become a 12 hour window for delivery? I have no idea. The man had me sign for the luggage and there was a line there for the time, so I checked my watch and the man went to go take the clipboard from me, but I told him that i wanted to put the time down. He said the time didn't matter, because nobody sees that. I told him that it did matter, and I wanted to put the time and date down, so if Delta request this paperwork - they are aware of the time it actually did arrive. I get the feeling that the man wasn't too happy about it, but TOO BAD!

I called the claims office AGAIN to tell them about the damage, and you'll never believe what they said. They said I would have to bring the luggage to the airport within 24 hours to make a claim. I told the woman that "I already aged 20 years taking Delta to Guatemala and Back, and I didn't want to age another 20 years". She giggled. and I told her that I was serious and had no intentions of taking my toddler with the suitcase to Laguardia airport to make a claim. I then asked if I would be able to take it to Islip Airport, and she checked and said no. I would have to go to a main Delta location. I told her that it was a scam, because most people like myself would probably say screw it - it's not worth the aggravation and its a shame that Delta works that way. She then put me on hold and came back and told me that I can fax my complaint into the Corp. office with proof, etc. So I told her that it would be done this evening. She said to call back in a couple of days to find out the results of the fax.

So I guess in a few days we will see. I am sooo stubborn, but too bad, Delta should treat their customers better then this! I am already checking other airlines about going to Guatemala, so when we go to pick up Anna - I know what airline we are going to travel with.

Thanks for listening! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck with the luggage claim! I hope Delta will make it up to you. I flew Delta over here and thankfully didn't have any problem. Glad you made it safely home and hopefully you'll be going back to get Anna SOON!

Emily

Gail said...

So, are you not reccomending Delta Airlines? LOL
Gail

Siek Family said...

don't use united or northwest - united gave me one round trip ticket even though it took them 2 days to get me to CO, they left my bag out in a tornado to get soaked, and made me sleep in an airport for a night - this was en route to a job interview! Northwest screwed us for kim's wedding - you know Buffalo and Rochester are super close...just redo your rental car and travel over 14 hours with a 2 year old.

Delta sent my new luggage once to India instead of Indiana and it took a month to get back...with similar damage you described. When I submitted a claim, they rejected it saying it was normal wear and tear for international travel - but I didn't go out of the country - just my baggage did!

Good luck

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Pictures from our Visit Trip to see Anna Maria 01/02 - 01/08/08