Wednesday, January 9, 2008

We're Home, but Our Luggage Is Not! Go Figure with Delta

hey all,

We made it home last night just before Midnight. Our luggage didn't make it home, but that doesn't surprise me with Delta. I went to the claims office and they said that it will be on my porch before I wake up in the morning. Well, guess what..............it wasn't. So I called the claims dept. and the gentleman said that it was picked up at 7:30am and will be delivered before noon today. Well....................guess what................it wasn't. So again I called at 12:30pm, and the woman started to give me reason number 3, and I told her that I was "DONE WITH DELTA, AND I NEEDED TO TALK TO A SUPERVISOR". Well, it took awhile for the woman to understand that I didn't want to talk to her, I wanted her supervisor. The supervisor finally got on the phone, and she said due to the "high volume" of luggage that has to be delivered, they are giving a 12 hour window for the luggage to be delivered. I told her the whole story of what happened going down to Guatemala, and told her that I was done with Delta, and asked if she had a reason why I shouldn't be. She really didn't, except she apologized for what happened. While I had her on the phone, I asked her if there was anything that can be done about the stroller. I already knew what the answer was going to be, but I wanted to check. She said without any documentation that a claim was made, there is nothing that can be done. I asked her if she has ever been to Guatemala? She said no, I said well it is a 3rd world country and one shouldn't expect the same thing that you might get in the U.S. She then said without the stroller (proof) or documentation, she doubts anything will be done, but she said I can write the corporate office. I told her that I was going to write the Corp. Office and also CC it to Arnold Diaz from "Shame on You' on the channel 2 news. So that is on my list of things to do. I'll keep you posted on what the outcome is.

I have tons more pics to share with you, but of course that cord that I need to download the pics is in the luggage that isn't here yet. So you'll have to wait to see more pics.

To my pal Pam O., I know how much mispelled words bother you, but spellcheck wasn't working in Guatemala, so just for you - I did spell check on my previous posts - just for you!

As for that earthquake I wrote about the other day, well it was a 5.6 and it was only about 50 miles away from Guatemala City. And they had another one on Sunday Jan. 6th about 10:30 in the morning, but we were walking the hotel and I didn't notice it.

The whole trip was nice (minus Delta), Peter was soo great with his baby sister. Throughout the week, he kept on doing snoozles to Anna, and said daddy. Daddy does snoozles to Peter, so Peter had to do it to Anna (snoozles is where you rub both noses together). It was cute to see. Peter was soo happy in the morning, when he got up before Anna, because he enjoyed waking Anna up. It was cute to see. Peter's face would just light up, when Anna woke up and smiled at him. Hopefully, big brother will be just as good to his baby sister when she comes home.

Peter managed to have an allergic reaction on Monday Jan. 7th. He was sooo miserable in the morning, I couldn't figure it out, because it was too early for a nap. Then when I changed his diaper, he had bumps all over his body. I went down to the gift shop to get Benedrayl for the poor little guy, but they didn't have any. So I went to the front desk to order it from the Pharmacy, they had something similar, but it was going to take an hour to get there. So I asked Martina (who was already packed, and waiting to go home) if she had any and luckily she did, so I gave some to Peter. Thanks Martina! After a little nap, he was feeling much better. I am guessing the 1/2 dozen strawberries he ate, did it. He has had strawberries at home, but only like one - in Guatemala he had a lot at breakfast. So I'll have to watch him at home and see if it happens again.

As for the two kiddos. Well, when Peter was adopted - I discovered that each foster mother takes care of the babies in different ways. And the same thing applies now. Peter was always rocked to sleep and told a bedtime story, when he was being taken care of by the foster mother. Peter was well taken care of and loved very much by his foster family. I loved the fact that Peter needed to be rocked, and I didn't mind one bit doing that at home, I enjoyed it tremendously. Even now, when Peter is sick - he likes to be rocked to sleep. With Anna, she is such a happy and lovable baby, I know her family foster is taking great care of her. But, Anna doesn't need to be rocked to sleep. While in Guatemala, at Anna's nap time and bed time - I just put her in the crib and she would fall to sleep after she was done talking to herself. This was great, because that gave me time to spend with Peter, who has been so great during the whole trip. Peter and Anna will definitely be two active kiddos. Whenever Peter was active - walking/running in the halls, Anna's legs would be running too while I held her, as if she was trying to catch up with her brother. We are soo blessed to have two wonderful little children that will be able to grow up together and play together.

So, as for the adoption. We are on Barrios Desk, this is the last person that has to sign off on our folder. Once out of PGN, our lawyer said we will be traveling in about 1 1/2 weeks. It'll be soo nice to get Anna Maria home.

Please continue to Pray, keep your fingers crossed, whatever works for you - so our Anna is out of PGN real quick. That would be the best gift ever!

Thanks for your continued support.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Pictures from our Visit Trip to see Anna Maria 01/02 - 01/08/08