Thursday, January 3, 2008

We are here in Guatemala and Everything is Grand!

Hi All,
sorry we couldn't write yesterday, but after checking into the hotel Peter wanted to check it all out. And the electric kept on going on and off, due to the high winds. I even had to put the heat on in the room, because it was too chilly for Anna.

As for yesterday, wow - I am done flying Delta. We made it to Atlanta, and when I got off the plane to get the stroller - there was a surprise waiting for us - one wheel was broken off the stroller and it was not repairable. I was sooo Pist! I asked the pilot how Delta expected me to get around the Atlanta airport to catch my connecting flight - with a toddler and two carry on bags. He assisted me by carrying the stroller out to the delta counter. I carried Peter and the diaper bag and the carry on - it was a heavy load. To make a long story short, Atlanta Delta said that I can make a claim to be reimbursed for it, but I wouldn't have time to do it here, because I had to leave soon to get to Guatemala, but they said I can claim it in Guatemala. I was contemplating - just leaving the stroller and cut my lose, but you know me - It's the principle that Delta broke my stroller and just left it there - as if I wouldn't of noticed. It was an ordeal to get the broken stroller to the gate, but it made it there. Once in Guatemala - well - it's Guatemala need I say more. I spoke to the woman about it, and after a long chat they agreed to pay me $60, I said fine. Then about 20 minutes later of waiting they changed their mind, because of an initial on the stroller check tag - they said it was my signature - meanwhile it wasn't even close to my initials. So I just gave them a piece of my mind and told them that I had to get "my luggage and catch my ride that was waiting - and since I spent so much time here I probably missed my ride thanks to Delta". I also told them that "I will take it up with Delta in the U.S. when I get home." I left the airport and didn't see Jacqueline, then the security guy told me that there is another exit upstairs, so I went upstairs. Still no Jacqueline, then I thought I was stuck until the hotel shuttle came, so I went back downstairs to call the hotel, and as the elevator door opened - there walked out Jacqueline, I was soo relieved to see her. So as we are waiting for Jackie to bring the van around, the same woman who I spoke to about the stroller, came and asked me to come upstairs to talk to the supervisor, I told her that "I spent enough time talking about it and I was going to deal with Delta in the U.S., because I had to go and see my daughter." So we packed up the van and headed to the Hotel. All the time looking for Jacqueline, Peter kept on calling for Anna, Anna, but he was soo sooo happy to see her in the Van. She was fast asleep, but Peter's noise didn't wake her up.

We checked into the hotel, the room is absolutely beautiful. We got the Grand Suite this time, because Howard hooked us up on a great deal. Thanks Howard.

As for Barbara from Rochester, my email pal who is also adopting, she cancelled her trip the day before we left, due to family matters. But last nite she called me at the room to let me know she was coming and everything was fine. Yippie! It'll be great to see everyone who we email. Martina and Pam are due to arrive today. Peter will have a playmate, Martina is coming with her Daughter and she is adopting a girl about the same age as Peter. It'll be fun.

As for Anna and Peter, they love each other. Peter gets so happy because Anna smiles at him all the time. Peter is a great big brother. As for Anna, she is soo soo cute, and lovable. She was great sleeping through the nite. She has definitely grown and gained weight since the last visit. Sorry Pam O., but yes, Anna will be a good sleeper just like her big brother. As you can tell by the pics, she isn't that small peanut laying next to Peter or sitting in her seat.

I'll try and post more pics and more about our trip soon. Peter wants to run, run, run. So I gotta run, run, run - with Anna of course.





























Peter already being a big brother on the first day.





























Anna napping, yes that is her thumb in her mouth.













































Peter playing while Anna is napping.









Peter trying to wake up Anna, she has gotten sooo big.

5 comments:

Marcie said...

I'm so glad you made it to Guatemala. Peter looks like the perfect big brother!!
and Anna is adorable- I can't believe she has on the outfit I gave her and even her beaded socks!!!
Have fun. Bring her on home with you!!
Marcie

Gail said...

Sounds like so much fun. Okay, not the trip but the visit with Anna.
Gail

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it. Sorry about your stroller;0( Anna is so cute. Love the outfit she is wearing. Have a great visit!

Siek Family said...

They are so cute together! Glad to here you made it safely.

If you do get something from delta, please let me know what you said - I've had no luck with them breaking our stroller and car seat (how do you get a baby safely home without a carseat for the drive!?).

Margaret mom to Peter, and waiting for his sister said...

hey all, thanks so much for your well wishes.

margaret

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Pictures from our Visit Trip to see Anna Maria 01/02 - 01/08/08